Call us on+44 (0)1268 777871
Superior Flat Roofing Solutions from Proteus Waterproofing
Choosing the right roofing system is a crucial investment. Flat roofs, commonly used on commercial buildings, present several advantages that make them a smart choice for businesses of all sizes.
Cost-Effective Installation and Maintenance
Flat roofs generally require fewer materials and less labour compared to their sloped counterparts, leading to lower initial installation costs. Additionally, their easy-to-access design simplifies maintenance tasks, reducing ongoing expenses and minimising disruptions to your business operations.
Enhanced Energy Efficiency for Sustainable Savings
Flat roofs provide a continuous, uninterrupted surface, allowing for the efficient application of insulation and reflective materials. This contributes to regulating internal temperatures, potentially reducing energy consumption and associated costs.
Extended Lifespan for Lasting Protection
With appropriate maintenance, flat roofs can have a significant lifespan, often exceeding 50 years. Their durable construction stands up to harsh weather conditions, providing long-lasting protection for your business premises.
Proteus Waterproofing: Your Trusted Partner in Flat Roof Solutions
At Proteus Waterproofing, we understand the unique needs of businesses when it comes to roofing solutions. Our skilled team focuses on designing, installing, and maintaining quality flat roofs that meet the exacting standards of commercial properties.
Extensive Warranties and Guarantees for Peace of Mind
We assure the quality of our workmanship and the durability of our products, which is why we offer comprehensive warranties and guarantees on all our flat roof solutions. This provides you with total peace of mind, knowing that your investment is protected.
Experience the Proteus Difference
When you choose Proteus Waterproofing for your flat roof needs, you can expect:
• Informed consultation and guidance from our experienced team, who will assess your specific requirements and recommend the most suitable flat roof solution for your business
• Professional installation by Approved Contractors from our network of trained and approved contractors ensures that your flat roof is installed to the highest standards, ensuring optimal performance and longevity
• Our high-quality materials and techniques guarantee the durability and effectiveness of your flat roof system
• We stand behind our work with extensive warranties and guarantees, providing you with peace of mind and long-term protection
View our Flat roofs products
Proteus Pro-System® Plus is a high performance, seamless and cold-applied waterproofing membrane for flat roofs, pitched roofs and a waterproofing coating to Proteus’ Built-Up Roof systems. Made in the UK & BBA Certified.
Suitable for both refurbishments and new builds, Proteus Pro-System® is a seamless, cold-applied waterproofing membrane for flat roofs, pitched roofs and a waterproofing coating to Proteus Built-Up Roof systems.
Proteus Pro-Cold® is a high performance, seamless and cold-applied waterproofing membrane for flat roofs, pitched roofs and a waterproofing coating to Proteus’ Built-Up Roof systems.
Proteus Pro-Felt® is a range of high performance bituminous felt products with an exceptionally high SBS content making them highly flexible and durable and which have been designed to perform at extreme temperatures at high altitudes.
Cold Melt® incorporates recycled rubber crumb and other organically grown products to create an elastomeric, seamless, cold applied membrane that can be applied to a wide range of substrates including concrete, asphalt and timber.
Proteus Hot Melt® delivers fast, economical and reliable waterproofing solutions which are particularly suitable for large flat roof decks.
How long do LAMs last on flat roofs?
LAMs are designed for longevity, performing well in various environments. With proper maintenance, LAMs can provide decades of protection for your flat roof.
How often should I have my flat roof inspected?
It is recommended that you have your flat roof inspected by a qualified professional at least once a year. However, if your flat roof is located in a harsh climate or is subject to heavy traffic, you may need to have it inspected more often.
What are liquid applied membranes (LAM) in respect to flat roofs?
LAMs, applied as a liquid, cure to form a continuous waterproof membrane. LAMs are available in a variety of materials.
What are the challenges of maintaining a flat roof?
Flat roofs can be more difficult to maintain than pitched roofs because they are more prone to ponding water and leaks. It is important to inspect your flat roof regularly for any signs of damage and to have it repaired by a qualified professional as soon as possible.
What are the different types of flat roofing systems?
There are several types of flat roofing systems. They include built-up roofing systems (BUR), single-ply roofing systems and liquid applied systems.
• Built-up roofing systems (BUR) involve multiple layers of bitumen-coated felt fused together, known for their robustness and extended service life
• Single-ply roofing systems consist of a single layer of synthetic membrane that is adhered to the roof deck. There are also bitumen-based alternatives, which are available from Proteus
• Liquid applied systems are highly versatile and offer a value for money alternative to other types of membrane
What are the benefits of having a flat roof?
Flat roofs provide various advantages.
• They are typically less expensive to install and maintain than pitched roofs
• Flat roofs can be more energy-efficient than pitched roofs because they provide a larger surface area for the installation of solar panels and other energy-saving devices
• Flat roofs can be used to create a variety of unique architectural features, such as rooftop gardens and terraces
What is a flat roof?
A flat roof is a roof that has a slope of less than 10 degrees. Flat roofs are commonly used on commercial and industrial buildings, but they are also becoming increasingly popular on residential buildings.
What maintenance is required for LAMs on flat roofs?
LAMs typically necessitate minimal maintenance. Simply inspect the system regularly for any signs of damage or wear and tear. If any damage is found, it can be easily repaired using the appropriate materials and techniques.
What types of flat roofs are LAMs suitable for?
LAMs are suitable for a wide range of flat roofs, including:
• Commercial roofs
• Industrial roofs
• Residential roofs
• Rooftop decks
• Green roofs
Arundel House, Hackney, a residential building with a felt membrane that was reaching the end of its life. A refurbishment rather than complete renewal was requested.
After an interior refit, it was necessary to keep the roofing budget to a minimum at Wallasey Ambulance Station.
Proteus Waterproofing were contacted by our Approved Contractor to assist them with this McDonald’s refurbishment.