Rozalind recognised for ‘roofing’ excellence at industry conference
The award, created in memory of ‘Ellie’ Coulter, the former owner of leading contractor Sussex Asphalte, honours individuals who champion the pursuit of excellence, good practice and true leadership within the roofing industry.
Roz, who before joining Proteus Waterproofing, enjoyed a varied career which included experience in education publishing, manufacturing engineering and working with voluntary sector bodies to support underprivileged children and people with mental ill health.
She has continued with the same success and drive within the roofing industry and since joining Proteus in 2013 has clocked up a remarkable set of achievements which were acknowledged and recognised by the judges. These included:
· Being recognised for having an award-winning Apprenticeship programme. Proteus won Apprentice Employer Newcomer SME of the Year for the East of England in 2016, and featured on the Top 100 Apprentice Employers in the country list in the same year. Since 2015 Roz has employed 10 Apprentices.
· The implementation of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
· Achievement of FORS Gold standard for the Proteus Waterproofing fleet.
· Membership of the Institute of Roofing.
· Becoming Regional Chair for the IoR for the London and the North region.
· Undertaking the Go Construct Construction Ambassador course
Rozalind received the Eliana Coulter Award for Business Excellence from the 2018 winner, Lesley Cage of Karl Austerfield Roofing. The conference, which took place earlier this year, was held at the Vox Centre in Birmingham.
“The Award is a fitting and lasting legacy to the memory of Ellie Coulter, who played a key role in the ongoing success of Sussex Asphalte, now in its 71st year of continuous trading,” said Roz, “so it was a wonderful surprise and a great honour to receive it.”
Women in Roofing aims to promote and support advancement and employment within the roofing industry, enabling individuals and businesses to realise their full potential, create value and make a difference.