Covid-19 Virus – Essential safety advice from Proteus Waterproofing
However, strict guidelines still need to be adopted at all times to minimize the risk of infection throughout the roof preparation and installation process.
- Not to share any tools to minimize risk of passing on the infection via hand contact.
- Where social distancing of more than two metres cannot be kept, consider usiung face masks or appropriate PPE equipment as advised
- Disposable gloves to be worn at all times and replaced immediately if torn or damaged.
- After removing gloves, be sure to sanitize hands.
- All roofs can and should be cleaned and prepared by one person where possible to ensure social distancing.
- Each installer’s personal tools must be sanitized at the start and end of each working day.
These guidelines have been prepared by Proteus Waterproofing in accordance with Government advice and are intended to significantly reduce the risk of infection from Covid-19 and help protect roofing operatives.